I am not one for sending Christmas Cards. Instead, I prefer to donate something to charity each year. This is a habit I picked up from my late partner. For the last few years, I have ‘reserved’ two places with Crisis. https://www.crisis.org.uk/
People lose their homes for a variety of reasons. Rising pressure from high rents and low pay, or a sudden life event like losing a job or family breakdown, can quickly force people into homelessness. But it doesn’t need to be like this.
Crisis is working to end homelessness for good; this doesn’t mean that no-one will ever lose their home again, but that everyone facing homelessness gets the help they need quickly.
A place at Crisis this Christmas can help someone leave homelessness behind for good, for a small donation Crisis provides;
- A warm welcome and good company
- Three nutritious, hot meals daily, including a delicious Christmas dinner
- A bed for the night, if needed
- A chance to shower, freshen up and get clean clothes
- A health check and treatment from a doctor, optician and dentist
- Expert help with mental health and addiction problems
- Advice on housing, employment and benefits
- A way out of homelessness for good through Crisis’ year-round training, education and support.
Anyway, I hope you all have a good Christmas break and a prosperous New Year.