Why, Lemon, Rosemary and Garlic Hangover Steak you ask? So after a fun night at home on my own on Saturday night, I ended up hungover and not fancying doing much cooking. After racking my brains I decided on steak, but not just any steak, I wanted to ‘do something’ with it. So out of my fevered imagination came Lemon, Rosemary and Garlic marinated steak. OMG, it worked so well. After letting the steak marinate for 3 hours, it was unbelievable, WOW!
- 2x Steaks (I was feeling hungry)
- 2x garlic clove, crushed or frozen crushed garlic
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- 1 Big Glug of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the steak into a container
- Add in the crushed garlic
- Add the rosemary, salt and pepper to taste
- Squeeze half a lemon and make sure the steak is thoroughly coated with the ingredients.
- Leave for 3 hours, turning every 30 minutes. (The longer you leave it, the better it will taste).
- Don’t be put off by the colour of the meat when you’ve marinated it, that’s just the action of the acid from the lemon on the flesh.
- Then, remove the steaks from the marinade, pat dry and cook to taste. I prefer medium rare, but well all differ these days
- Then finally rest the steak before serving! About 2-3 mins should normally do.
Serve with salad. I chose a tomato and feta salad.