So in after a few bland mistakes, I’ve ‘perfected’ a low carb chicken recipe that makes a great packed lunch or quick evening meal.
- 2x Chicken Breast
- 2x garlic clove, crushed or frozen crushed garlic
- 1/2 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the chicken, then gently fry until they pieces are just starting to brown.
- Add in the garlic, cook for another 1-2 mins or until you can see the garlic brown.
- Add the thyme, basil and salt and pepper to taste
- To finish, squeeze over half a lemon and make sure the chicken is thoroughly coated with the ingredients.
Serve cold (or warm) with salad. Avoid things like carrots in the salad as while they seem like ‘good foods’ they are relatively high carb.