This is a quick, soup recipe that’s easy to make, delicious and filling. I had a few things left in the fridge and had been fancying something savoury and hot all afternoon. Normally that would mean a large piece of beef was on the menu, but inspiration hit me and I knocked this together in a little over 30mins. This recipe makes 2 meals or serves two comfortably.
- 500g Chicken Breasts
- 2 Slices of Bacon
- 1/2 Head of Cabbage
- 1 Large Broccoli Stalk (yes stalk)
- 2 Sticks of Celery
- 2 Tbs Double Cream
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1/2 Onion
- A knob of butter
- Cut the chicken into pieces and brown in the butter
- Add the bacon, let it cook out a little
- Dice all of the veg, especially the broccoli. This helps the veg cook quickly.
- Add all the veg and let it sweat down
- While the veg is sweating down boil a kettle of water
- Once the veg has wilted cover with the boiling water, and add the stock cube.
- Leave the mix to simmer for as long as you can.
- When you’re about ready to eat, remove the chicken from the pan
- Blitz the liquid & veg in a mixer (this is optional)
- Return the mix to the pan, & add the cream, parmesan, pepper and salt to taste.
- Add the chicken back into the soup and stir through.
Ladle the soup into bowls & enjoy.