This isn’t one of my recipes and is not ‘on diet‘. I’ve not started the diet yet as I’m currently staying with my folks until I find a new flat so I think it’s worth stealing.
Have some leftover cherries? Are they about to go past their best? Try this! My mother surprised me with this tonight, it’s simple and tastes great!
- 1tbs Sugar
- Almond Liqueur (Splash)
- Corn Flour
- Splash of Water
- Pit the cherries and add to a saucepan
- Sprinkle about one tablespoon of sugar
- Bring to heat and let the cherries soften a little
- Mix a teaspoon of cornflour with some cold water.
- Add a tablespoon of Almond Liqueur to the cherries and then mix in the cornflour and water mixture.
- Stir & leave the cherries and sauce to cool
Once chilled serve with ice cream or use as pie filling.