Its summer, it’s too hot cook, and too hot for junk food. Finally, a reason to eat healthily without finding it a struggle. Well, here something I throw together when its sweltering outside.
- Halloumi – Half a block
- Tomatoes (Various types)
- Half a Red Onion
- 1x Carrots
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Sharp Knife
- Heavy Bottomed Frying Pan
- Preheat your frying pan
- Get out your trusty mandoline for this, set it on quite a thin setting and slice; the carrot, two/three sticks of celery, the half a red onion
- Chop the tomatoes into reasonable size chunks.
- Mix together the veg with a splash of balsamic vinegar and some extra virgin olive oil if you happen to have some. Add a pinch of salt and some black pepper. Leave to rest
- Slice the Halloumi into 5mm slices
- Fry the Halloumi until crispy on each side
- Tear up some of the basil and mix it through the veg mix
- Add the halloumi to the salad mix and give it another stir
- Drop some “blobs” of pesto onto the salad.