I’m not in the ‘low carb zone‘ yet, so I’ve still time to share this recipe. It’s my go-to for a simple, tasty tomato sauce. I use it with pasta for a quick, tasty meal, but it’s just as good used a base for chicken dishes and much more. Try not to use it to clean your windows, that probably won’t work.
Once I’m safely ensconced in my ‘low carb zone‘ I will be getting to work quite quickly on a low-carb version without the sugar. In the meantime enjoy!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp vegetable stock powder or ½ crumbled stock cube
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp sugar
- A few fresh basil leaves (to taste)
- Bacon (Chopped, or lardons)
- Onion Sliced
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic, then gently fry for 1 min.
- Tip in all the other ingredients, except the basil, then bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, then simmer uncovered for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To finish, tear the basil leaves, then stir into the sauce.
Serve with pasta or as a sauce for chicken etc.